Saturday, April 27th, 11am–10pm at the Columbus Commons.
Commemorate Earth Day and what the local environment has to offer featuring live music, a green art show, food trucks, information booths and much more.
- Celebration will run from 11am to 10pm (11am to 7pm for information & vendor booths)
- Over 50 area non-profits, environmental groups, clubs and businesses with green missions, products and services will be showing off their greenness.
- Green Art Show – Artists and crafters with a green bent will have booths to vend their work.
- Main Stage lineup:
11:00am William the Accountant12:10 am Erika Hughes & The Well Mannered1:05pm Special Guest Speakers1:40pm Wonder Twin Powers2:50pm The Francis Bacon Band4:00pm Cowboy Hillbilly Hippy Folk4:55pm Challenge Cup Presentation5:10pm The Subterranean House Band6:20pm The Salty Caramels7:30pm Teen Fiction8:40pm The Rustbelt Rumble Family Band
- Kids’ Activities Area will include:
- Facepainting! Sack races! Scavenger hunts! Hula Hoops! Bean Bag toss! Mural painting! Nutrition! Trivia!
- Also be sure to check out these extra special events:
American Red Cross- Disaster preparedness interactive activities
Sack Races every half hour. Beginning at 11:30 am.
Ongoing scavenger hunt for children with packets of seeds given as prizes.
Bring the Farm to You
Craft table- variety of materials that children can use to create
Balls and Hoola hoops to play in the grass area
Kids entertainment schedule:
11:15am -12:00 – Mr Eric
12:30- 2:30 – The Recycled Band
2:45 – 3:30 – Mr Eric
3:30-4:15- Joanie Calem: Sing Along-Music and Movement Programs for All Ages
- Local Food and beverage Vendors are:
- Food Trucks: Paddy Wagon, Tatoheads, Los Jalapeños, Dan’s Deli, King of the Hill, Short North Bagel Deli
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream and Mikey’s Late Night Slice will have their stand alone shops open too
- Great Lakes Brewing Company
- Zero Waste – Virtually nothing goes to the landfill. Much thanks to Eartha Limited for helping to make this possible.
How to get to the celebration in an environmentally friendly way:
BUS: Take the bus with COTA’s help, plan your trip here.
BIKE: Ride your bike; we’ll have a bike corral so you don’t have to worry about locking up and the first 100 riders get a coupon for a FREE Chipotle burrito
WALK: Enjoy a leisurely stroll to the celebration while getting some exercise.
CAR: If you have to drive, carpool with all of your friends and park at the garage under the Commons or across Rich Street
SCOOTER and MOTORCYCLE: Park your high M.P.G., two wheeled vehicles at our designated area along Rich Street at the Commons
If you have questions or would like to help in some way, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gateway Film Center
The CYP Club
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Kristy Smeltzer; Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Columbus Food League
Ohio Environmental Council
Franklin County Soil & Water
Earth Day Network