WORKSITE REGISTRATION: If you have a community service project to register, please start by logging in using your account from past Earth Days, or create a new account.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION: To volunteer please start by logging in using your account from past Earth Days, or create a new account.
If you are interested in hosting a worksite please…
- Pick a great project. We like the ones where people get their hands dirty, but there is room for all types of environmental service projects.
- Estimate how many volunteers it will take to get it done. The preferred range is 10-100, but exceptions can be made for exceptional projects.
- Determine how many volunteers your organization and affiliated companies can recruit (aka self-recruited volunteers). At least 10% of all volunteers should be self-recruited, so there are enough folks on hand that know their stuff.
- Determine the type and number of tools (gloves, shovels, wheelbarrows, etc.) required. We (in partnership with Keep Columbus Beautiful) can help, but it is also good to request these from the volunteers.
- Write up a compelling description of your worksite; volunteers are attracted to rousing descriptions with proper spelling and grammar.
- Create an account (or log in to your account from last year) and then complete the on-line worksite registration form.
- Pick up your supplies and volunteer thank you’s at the specified time and place. Also, please return them afterwards.
- Be there to lead your worksite, meet new people, get a lot done and be sure to take pictures.
- Report all the great things that happen at your worksite using the post event information form, and upload your favorite pictures.
Gateway Film Center
The CYP Club
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Kristy Smeltzer; Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Columbus Food League
Ohio Environmental Council
Franklin County Soil & Water
Earth Day Network